Well, the NFL released the 2011 schedule and the pundits have been quick to offer their thoughts, so here are mine:
(For reference, click here for the Packers' schedule)
- I'm fine opening up against the Saints. Some people are griping that it should've been the Pack and the Bears, the NFL's oldest rivalry, but I see why the schedulemakers avoided that match-up: the Bears just aren't going to be very good in 2011. 9-7, at best.
- I don't understand how we have to play AT Atlanta AGAIN. I realize the playoff game shouldn't be factored in, but even still, that's two times in a row. Why?
- We play the Vikings TWICE in less than a month. And factor in the bye week in there, and they're our opponents two out of three weeks during that stretch. Astoundingly stupid.
- November 6 in San Diego could be the last time the Packers play in 50+ degrees weather all year.
- Vikings, Buccaneers, @Lions...all within 11 days. November 14-November 24 could make or break this season.
- That being said, I'm not complaining. The Packers on Thanksgiving is totally worth it.
- NFL football on New Years day...not sure how I feel about that. I suppose it's inevitable that there'd be some clash with College Bowl Season but making fans choose between the Pack and potentially the Badgers just doesn't seem right.